DONE DEAL: Office unit, Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur
Rented for: RM9,000 per month (around RM4.32 psf)
Concluded by: Kevin Teh (REN 02206, 013 555 7333) of Propstar Realty
When: October 2019
● Two-year lease with an option to renew for another two years
● Mid-floor unit with built-up of 2,083 sq ft
● Semi-furnished and nicely renovated with partitions, fixtures and lights
● Located next to Publika Shopping Gallery and close to amenities such as banks, clinics, eateries and mosque
● Easy access to Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim, Duta-Ulu Klang Expressway and Jalan Kuching, around 10km to KL city centre and Mont’Kiara
Solaris Dutamas is a freehold integrated development developed by UEM Sunrise Bhd, comprising office towers, residences and Publika Shopping Gallery. It is just a stone’s throw from Mont’Kiara and about 10 km from Kuala Lumpur city centre.
Completed in 2010, offices in Solaris Dutamas are situated in a bustling location where a host of amenities can be found within a few minutes’ drive.
According to Kevin Teh of Propstar Realty who concluded the rental, the landlord had just become the new owner of this unit and proceeded to rent it out.
The tenant has been operating a business in the same area and was looking for a larger office space for expansion. The tenant was earlier considering another smaller unit, but the deal didn’t materialise, said Teh.
“Then I found them this bigger unit at a lower psf rental rate. They liked it and immediately placed an offer,” he elaborated.
He noted that the average rent for offices in Solaris Dutamas ranges from RM4 to RM5.50 psf, depending on the condition and furnishing.
As of March 5, 2020, the average asking rent for office units in Solaris Dutamas stood at RM4.21 psf, based on 45 rental listings on EdgeProp.my.
Meanwhile, 28 sale listings on the property portal showed units here asking for RM2.54 million or RM1,266 psf on average.